TEC-Corp History

Thompson Electric Company was founded by Alfred C. Thompson in Sioux City, Iowa, in 1933. He dedicated his company to the simple principle of providing quality services and products to his customers, his employees and his community. With his vision, the company developed into a strong, well-financed corporation ranked among the top Midwest electrical contractors.

Throughout its history, Thompson Electric has always advanced as an industry leader in the introduction and implementation of new technologies such as Autocad, 3D CAD, BIM, Revit, Design Build, Prefab, Infrared Thermal Imaging, Arc Flash Risk Assessment, project coordination,  comprehensive safety programs, and integrated computer estimation, accounting and management systems.

These advancements and philosophies earned Thompson Electric the trust and loyalty of a growing customer base. To support this growth, the company expanded, and maintains permanent offices in Omaha, Nebraska, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota, in addition to Sioux City.

Today, Thompson Electric is still dedicated to providing quality products and expertise to a wide variety of markets throughout the Midwest.




Thompson Electric is founded in 1933
1933
Alfred Thompson establishes Thompson Electric. Electricians carried tool boxes and traveled by street cars.
Thompson Electric moves to 14th St in Sioux City, IA
1935
Relocated to 721 14th St. Sioux City, IA
 
1957
Thompson Electric becomes a NECA member
Thompsone electric incorporated
1960
Thompson Electric was incorporated
Alfered Thompson retires
1978
Thompson Electric's founder, Alfred Thompson retires
Craig Thompson Sr. named CEO in 1978
1978
Craig Thompson Sr. (2nd generation) named CEO
 
1979
Thompson Electric purchase's Gill Electric
 
1985
Thompson Electric's partner, Bill Hossack retires
Tec-Corp becomes Thompson Electric's parent company
1987
TEC Corp was incorporated as parent company for Thompson Electric
  TE Purchases Casler Electric
1989
Thompson Electric purchase's Casler Electric
Thompson Electric opens Sioux Falls, SD location
1989
Thompson Electric opened an office in Sioux Falls, SD
Tec Corp purchases Perlox
1994
TEC Corp purchase's Perlox
The Light Source opens
1994
The Light Source (retail light fixture showroom) was opened
 
1996
Thompson Electric opened an office in Omaha, NE
 
1997
Casler Electric merges with Thompson Electric
 
1997
Skip Perley named President of Thompson Electric/TEC Corp
 
1999
Craig Thompson Sr. Retires from Thompson Electric
Skip Perley named CEO
1999
Skip Perley named CEO of Thompson Electric /
TEC Corp
 
2000
Introduction of Prefabrication
Perlox renamed Electric Innovations
2001
Perlox is renamed Electric Innovations
Thompson Electric updates logo
2008
Updated Thompson Electric Logo
New offices on 7th St.in Sioux City, IA
2013
New office location at 2300 7th St., Sioux City, IA
Tec-Corp & Electric Innovationhs change logos
2015
Updated TEC & EI Logos